TERMS & CONDITIONS
WEBSITE USAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The term ‘Nikao’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Nikao, 6 Chapel Rd, Bristol, BS1 3QP, United Kingdom. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
We accept PayPal as well as all major credit and debit cards via PayPal’s secure shopping cart software.
PayPal is one of the safest and most widely used methods of accepting payments on the Internet using the latest encryption and fraud protection technologies to ensure that our customers are fully protected.
You don’t need a PayPal account to use our PayPal shopping cart? Simply click on ‘Don’t have a PayPal account’ and follow the on-screen instructions to pay using your credit or debit card.
If you have any problems regarding paying for your items, then contact us by email here: [email protected]
All stock items will be dispatched the next working day from time of order.
All items sent within the UK are sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery which is a trackable service. International orders will also be sent via a trackable express delivery service. The service used will depend on the destination country.
UK Priority: Next Day Delivery – £7.00 (From time of dispatch)
European Recorded Post – £15.00 – Approximately 5-7 working days to arrive (From time of dispatch)
US & International Recorded Post – £15.00 – Approximately 5-7 working days to arrive (From time of dispatch). You may be charged a fee by your local customs office, depending on the value of your order. You can check this with your country’s customs office.
If you are not happy with your purchase from Nikao please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] within 7 days of receiving your order to arrange a refund or exchange.
Please note in order to receive a refund you must first contact us at [email protected] within 7 working days of receiving your order so that we may provide you with a refund authorisation number.
Faulty items should be returned to us in their original condition as sold including all original packaging, along with your name, address, email and order details as proof of purchase. Before doing so please contact us at [email protected] for our return address details and so that we may provide you with a refund authorisation number.
All items should be returned to us using a trackable, recorded service. Postage costs are non-refundable unless the items in question are faulty.
We are unable to issue a refund or exchange on items that are incomplete, damaged or in an otherwise used condition.
For reasons of hygiene and safety, all of our pierced earrings are non-returnable unless there is a fault with the products that we supply to you.
HOW TO CANCEL
You are entitled to cancel your order within 1 working day of payment. If you do wish to cancel your order, please email us at [email protected] as soon as possible with your cancellation request. All orders will be cancelled immediately unless they have already been dispatched in which case you will need to return the item to us for a refund within 7 days of receipt.
Nikao is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Nikao may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23rd September 2015.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
6 Chapel Rd
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.